What do we believe?
We affirm historic Christian orthodoxy and one of the earliest and most universally accepted of Christian creeds. We are also a church seeking to understand and respond faithfully to the gospel today as a people who are called to love God with all that we are and our neighbors as ourselves.
The Apostles’ Creed gives a summary of the doctrinal commitments of this church. And while we are committed to our beliefs about God, we believe the best way to know God is to join our lives in the life of God. We emphasize entering into a real and growing relationship with God and God’s people.
We invite you to discover belief from the inside out!
The Apostles’ Creed (ca. ad 215)
We believe in God, the Father Almighty, maker of heaven and earth. We believe in Jesus Christ, God’s only Son, our Lord, who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died, and was buried; he descended to the dead. On the third day he rose again; he ascended into heaven, he is seated at the right hand of the Father, and he will come again to judge the living and the dead. We believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy catholic* church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and the life everlasting. AMEN.
In addition to affirming the historic creeds of the Church, we believe:
- The Bible is God’s unique revelation to people. It is the fully inspired Word of God providing authoritative and trustworthy rule of faith and practice. God’s Word is Truth.
- There is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- Jesus Christ is God’s son, born of the Virgin Mary, lived a sinless life, willingly took upon Himself all of our sins, died and rose again bodily, and is at the right hand of the Father. He will return to consummate history and to fulfill the eternal plan of God.
- All people are created in God’s image having an innate value and dignity but alienated from God by sin and justly subject to God’s wrath.
- Salvation cannot be earned through personal goodness or human effort. It is a gift that must be received by humble repentance and faith in Christ and His finished work on the cross.
- The indwelling presence and transforming power of the Holy Spirit, who gives to all Believers a new life and a new calling to obedient service. The Holy Spirit is manifest in the life of a believer through gifts and fruit.
- All Believers are members of the Body of Christ, the one true Church universal.
We affirm Water Baptism
According to the Bible, all believers are to be baptized in water, just like Jesus Himself.
To be eligible for baptism in water one need only to believe in the Lord Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior and make a commitment to follow Him.